Yes, I Hurt


So, everyone asks, "How are you doing?". As anyone who has ever had any type of surgery can tell you, it hurts. Your body is not used to being cut open and things moved around on the inside. Good news is, intellectually I KNOW that these pains will pass over time. I am so thankful for that.

I truly understand now more than ever that my wife is truly Wonder Woman. She is my hero. I felt this way before in a philosophical sense. But now that I have had my share of these physical ailments, it is true in a more real way.

Laying down, rolling over, sitting up, standing up, sitting down, going to the bathroom, these were all things I have always taken for granted. No more. Gas pain, back hurting, hard to take deep breaths, and upper thighs being numb from some minor nerve damage is life for now. I need help with changing my pants, putting on socks and shoes that aren't slip-ons. I am so very blessed to have my wife and kids around to help with these things and more. My kids help pick up anything lower than my waist. They help carry my stuff when I'm just trying to walk or get in our out of a vehicle. I am truly blessed. All this and I am still very glad I have made this change in my life. The next 40 years, God willing, are going to be enjoyed so much more after this life change. Every day should be getting a bit better for now and I am documenting here as much as possible so I will never forget this journey.

Please continue to follow my blog and feel free to share. Who knows if someone might want to see all this through a fluffy guy's perspective. Even though I do not intend to stay fluffy physically, part of me will be that guy I'm sure forever. Talk with everyone more soon.

Comments

  1. Dude! Proud of you! Keep going! This will be better!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Starting a new Path

Starting to Eat Again!

Things to Watch Out For